Bali 2018 Day 1: Seminyak

DAY 1: 31 AUG 2018
Sunset at Seminyak Beach
September Hols!
It has been such a tiring year and this holiday is really what I needed.
 Bali is our destination this school holiday.
I have been to Bali three years ago where we mainly did water activities during our stay.
This time round, I chanced upon Nusa Penida on my Instagram explore page
and I really wanted to be there to see it for myself!

We booked our tickets during a Jetstar sale for S$175 per person.
We arrived in Bali at around 2.30pm and our Klook driver was waiting for us when
we entered the arrival hall.
Prior to this trip, I book the airport transfer and SIM card via Klook.
The airport transfer was indeed fuss free as I didn't have to worry about finding a taxi with a reasonable price.
I was well connected in Seminyak and Ubud.
I had no connection in most parts of Nusa Penida but that's fine as the island is still developing.

Seminyak Square Hotel was our home during our time in Seminyak.
The hotel lobby is located on the second floor of Seminyak Square, with many
cafes and retail shops within walking distance.
We paid an average of S$50 per night and I would definitely recommend this hotel 
for those who do not wish to splurge on a villa or if you are travelling in a small group.


After checking in, we took a 10 minutes walk to a cafe called The Fat Turtle.
The cafe was pretty small but a few tables were available at 4pm when we arrived.

We were famished as we have yet to have our lunch.
The prices are cheap for a cafe.
The smashed avocado on toast only costs 57,000 Rp which is equivalent to S$5.70!
Although the toast was a tad hard, I really enjoyed this dish!

Smashed Avocado on Toast
Red Velvet Pancakes
Apart from the main dishes, we ordered the red velvet pancakes to share.
The pancakes were definitely one of the best I had so far.
Three pancakes stacked on top of one another with cream cheese in between them.
Fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness!

Full from our meal, we decided to walk to the beach for the sunset.
The sun sets at around 6.15pm and we were just in time for it.
Compared to Kuta beach, I definitely preferred Seminyak Beach as it was less crowded.




We walked down Jalan Kayu Aya street which was packed with restaurants, bars and retail shops.
This was our go-to street during our trip as well as there were so many things to see!


We grabbed some ice cream at Mad Pops along the way.
We chose the rum and raisin flavour but the coconut overpowered it.
Nevertheless, it was something different and refreshing!

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Click here for our Day 2 adventures,
or check out my 2015 Bali trip here!
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Comments