Sydney 2019 Day 8: Sydney CBD

DAY 8: 24 JUN 2019
View of Sydney Opera House from the boat
 Unfortunately, today is our last day in Sydney.
We only had to leave for the airport at 7pm, so we decided to book a whale
watching tour in the morning.

As we will be out the entire day, we checked out and left our luggages at the reception.
Breakfast was at Paramount Coffee Project.
The cafe was beautifully decorated and the food was good!

Avocado on Toast
After breakfast, we walked towards Darling Harbour Wharf, near the SEA Life Aquarium,
for our whale watching tour!
We booked our tickets on Groupon and the price was reasonable.
There are booking counters for whale watching when we were at Circular Quay too,
but we decided to book online as it was discounted.

My first whale watching tour was in Boston and a dead whale was all that I saw on the tour.
Plus, I got a little sea sick due to the rough waters.
This is my second whale watching tour and there were two whale watching staff with us.
One of them was in charge of the wheel while the other was in charge of spotting the
whales from the roof as well as the tour members' well-being.
A safety briefing was conducted before we left for the open sea.
The staff mentioned that the waves will be about 2 metres high today and
that it will be best to stay on the first level if we get seasick.

  






We were greeted by a double rainbow at the start of our tour!
This is my first time seeing a full rainbow made possible with the reflection on the waters.
Super pretty!
We got to see the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Habour Bridge up close
from the boat too.

After leaving Sydney CBD, the waves started to get really rough.
It was as though I was on a rollercoaster ride for 2 hours.
Amanda brought seasick pills and I took one just before boarding the boat.
The second level was initially filled with people.
As time went by, many started to get seasick and made their way down to the first level.
I knew I would probably get seasick and I did feel seasick towards the later half of the journey.
What I wanted to avoid the most was puking and I am glad I did not puke, haha.

I was hoping to see whales but sadly we only caught glimpses of their fins when they
came up to the surface for air.
Nevertheless, it was nice to get out of the city one last time before leaving for home.

Lemon curd tart
After the ride, we walked over to Bourke Street Bakery to get their famous lemon curd tart.
The filling was smooth and creamy with just the right amount of sourness.
Although it is pricey for such a small tart, I would definitely recommend you to
try it once!

We headed to Devon cafe next for lunch.
This cafe is famous for its truffle menu, however, it was not available at the Bangaroo outlet.

Breakfast with the Sakumas
Omurice
After lunch, we said goodbye to Amanda as her flight was slightly earlier than
ours and she was departing from a different terminal.
Michelle and I wandered around before heading back to our hotel.

To get to the airport, we booked a shuttle from our hotel.
It was slightly cheaper than taking the train and way more convenient as
we didn't have to drag our luggages around.

And that marks the end of our Sydney adventures.
It was a great trip and I am looking forward to my next adventure as I am typing this (:

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Retrace our steps here for our Day 7 adventures,
or check out my 2015 Melbourne trip here!
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Comments