Indo - Bkk 2015 Day 7 - 10: Bangkok, Thailand

DAY 7: 21 MAY 2015
This was my second visit to the land of smiles.
I mostly visited the same places as it was Amanda's first time here.

We flew into Don Muang airport via AirAsia.
Upon arrival, we headed straight to the official taxi stand which was located on the left.
I have printed out the directions and maps from the hotel's webpage.
This was definitely useful as the taxi driver managed to get us there straightaway.
The ride took about 45 minutes and it costs us 270 baht.
Our hotel room
For this trip, we stayed at Hotel Vista Express, which is strategically located near the
Pratunam market and the famous Sabx2 wanton mee.
The hotel had everything we needed and we got the room for a reasonable price of S$60 per night.

After checking in, we headed straight to the food court at Platinum mall for lunch!
We both settled for beef noodles and a plate of mango sticky rice to share.
Unfortunately, the standards for the beef noodles dropped and the broth was
not as tasty and rich as it used to be.
But the mango sticky rice is still really good!
Mango sticky rice
The rest of the day was spent shopping at Platinum mall.
That night, we had dinner at Som Tam Nua, and the chicken wings and som tam 
were definitely the best dishes there.

----------------------------------

DAY 8: 22 MAY 2015
The day started with me shopping at Pratunam Market!
I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to walk around the market on my own first!
Pratunam market is actually a wholesale market and you will need to purchase
at least 3 items, either of the same style or mixing designs.
After walking around for close to an hour, I managed to get three tops at 100 baht each.

As it was time to return back to the hotel, I decided to get a crepe from the
stall near the overhead bridge to the Platinum mall.
Crepe stall
I bought the nutella crepe, which had a generous spread of nutella, at 60 baht.
The thickness of the crepe was just right and it was so cripsy!

Thereafter, we walked around the Platinum mall and went for lunch at Sabx2 wanton mee!
The queue wasn't long and we got a seat within 10 minutes.
However, our food took a while to come and when it came, it was gone within minutes
because it was so good!
The only downside is that it is a little too oily.
Mr Jones' Orphanage
After lunch we went to Healthland for massage and spent some time exploring Terminal 21.
We settled down at Mr Jones' Orphanage for some desserts before heading back
to the hotel to meet with Amanda's dad.
I really love the decor in this cafe.
Makes me feel like I'm in a totally different world, somewhat like fairytale.
Salt coated grilled fish
Anyways, the highlight for dinner was salt coated grilled fish!
You can easily find many stalls near Central World selling this dish and we settled
for the second stall nearest to Central World, because they had the most customers.
We ordered two salt coated grilled fishes, squid, som tam and kang kong to share.
It was a table full of yummy dishes and we managed to finish most of it!
My favourites were the fish and the squid.
Definitely going back to have it during my next trip!

----------------------------------

DAY 9: 24 MAY 2015
It's a Saturday and that means we are going to Chatuchak!
We decided to have an early start to avoid the heat and crowd, and we arrived
at Chatuchak around 9.30am.
There were many stalls setting up for business, and I thought that 10am would probably
be a better timing instead.
Coconut ice cream
Fried quail eggs
During my previous visit, I didn't managed to go to the pets section as I was
really focused on buying clothes.
So, this time I decided that we should spend some time to take a look at this section.
And no regrets!
There were puppies, kittens, rabbits and even species which were uncommonly seen.
There are also dogs which are huge in size, probably imported from Europe or America!
Quite an eye-opener considering the fact that we do not have such a place in Singapore.

Anyway, that is the end of my post-practicum trip!
Can't wait for my next travel adventure in December.
Till then (:


Comments