Welcome to the American dream!

NEW YORK CITY: 13 AUG - 22 AUG 2012
New York City during sunset from Brooklyn
 
Statue of Liberty from afar

Bridal Veil Falls at Niagara Falls NY

American Museum of Natural History

Central Park

 I still remember my first day in America - being welcomed into the country by a grumpy officer, getting my luggage heavily soaked in salted fish sauce, and receiving super slow services everywhere. At that point in time, I was undergoing stage two of culture shock: critique everything that is inferior to Singapore, like how the streets were so dirty, how the subway station was like an oven during summer and how dinner was hard to find after 7pm. This is a little odd since I skipped stage one: honeymoon stage, which I am facing right now. Haha, maybe I am just an exception to the culture shock hierarchy. Nevertheless, amidst the culture shock, I had an amazing time in New York.

I went to places which I wanted to visit so badly...
I tried the famous delicacies and pastries in New York...
I was being an American

There were so many places which I visited in New York, but the one I enjoyed most was the American Musuem of Natural History. This particular musuem was the filming location of the movie "Night at the Museum". This musuem was filled with numerous exhibitions which would take you at least half a day to explore. I only had about 3hours to visit since the musuem closes at 5.30pm. Nevertheless, I explored the exhibitions which I truly wish to visit. My mum loved it as well, since she managed to take a picture with the tiki statue which was famous for the phrase 'gumgum' in the movie! It was kinda hilarious though, seeing her so excited over a mere statue (:

Now that I have passed the culture shock stage, I definitely see New York in a new and unbiased light. If you decide to travel the United States, New York should definitely be on your top list!

Comments